Intercession and Invitation

The two words that I've been dwelling on in the past couple of weeks. God has been so faithful as I am continuing to learn to pray and intercede for global justice, life circumstances, the impossible, etc. I went to an IEmpathize event about a month ago (check out this video, it may or may not change your life http://vimeo.com/6461771), and became "undone". The power of prayer and intercession is so good and the heart of God is spilling out into my prayers, healing, and passion to grab the people to the right and left of me and invite them into intercession, awareness, and advocacy for the oppressed.
Looking through Isaiah, 2 Kings, and many other books (30 Days of Prayer for the Voiceless from Compassion International) have assisted in directing prayer with my friend Abby and I, but for the most part, we go in asking for God to give us words and teach us to pray (and usually asking for forgiveness for ever doubting His power and heart for prayer!). God is so big and so faithful, and I'm continuing to trust Him and be broken by His heart in mine!
If it has been put on your heart to act against social injustice and you don't know how to act, join us! We'll be praying on Wednesdays at 5 at Yobel Market's new store in Old Colorado City!

1 Comments:
amen, sister. so thankful for this journey we are on.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home