Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Jury Doody

So, I was summoned to do jury duty today in Cripple Creek, now that I am a Teller County resident. While driving to Cripple Creek (which I have never been to since it's a small mountain gambling town, and I don't suck at blowing money, but I do suck at the game of chance), I drove up on two drivers that may or may not have been driving while sleeping. Here's where I get frustrated,

1) I might have forgot that today I was supposed to do Jury Duty, so I call the #, praying that my juror number isn't chosen, and of course it is.
2) I'm running late, the roads are oober windy, it's about 25 miles out, and the speed limit is 4.
3) Old Man River is in front of me with his wife, planning to win some at the slots, but he's on a five year plan to get there.

I hate being the driver that tailgates, but that was me this morning. It's times like these when I want a car from Back to the Future to drive super fast, and potentially jump over cars that go too slow in front of me.



The jury selection process lasted twice as long as the hanging chad count epidemic in Al Gore's Election in 2000. I was narrowed down to the top 12, then voted off the island four hours later. I can't imagine how long it took for the case to come to a verdict.

All of that to say, I have come to the conclusion that after today's court experience, I will NOT be taking WalMart on Judge Judy for the one time I drove through the land-mine of a parking lot to get an oil change... but ended up also replacing two tires when I ran over a car engine that had fallen out of Perpy Uncle Harry's truck when he was takin' his family reunion to WalMart.

Also, I hate WalMart.



And watch "The High Cost of Low Prices"... a documentary that might change your mind about WalMart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home